Flexibility is important: so if you have to travel for work or if you are on a holiday, we can postpone the lessons until you are back.
Lessons can take place during daytime, in the evening, and also in the weekend.
Classes will take place at your office or at Dutch in a Year in Wassenaar.
They will take one hour and a half every week (homework per week at least three hours). Any moment of the year we can make a start. At the end of the month the expenses for the lessons will be sent to you.
Cancellations with 24 hr notice, is very much appreciated.
We will start at A1 level. The beginners book ‘Nederlands in gang’ counts 18 chapters. Depending on the language skills of the participants we can finish one chapter every week. So approximately after four months the students will have finished this book and they will have A2 level (elementary) which means the students …
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate
We will continue with the book “Nederlands in actie’, which will also take about 4,5 month. So after another four months the students will have B1 level, which means that they obtained an intermediate level.
This means the students …
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
In order to obtain the vantage / upper mediate level we will continue with ‘Nederlands op niveau’, during 4,5 month. Then the students will speak after approximately one year rather fluent Dutch.
This means the students …
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
For more information and prices, please send a message to email@example.com